Haverford College is a private liberal arts college in Haverford, Pennsylvania. The college has a long history of promoting student health and wellness, and in recent years, it has made a concerted effort to encourage students to be more active outdoors.
In 2023, the college opened a new outdoor fitness space called THRIVE. The space was designed by GameTime, a leading manufacturer of outdoor fitness equipment. THRIVE features a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment, as well as a shaded area for stretching and relaxing.
The THRIVE outdoor fitness space is open to all Haverford students, faculty, and staff. The space is free to use, and there are no reservations required. THRIVE is located near the college's athletic fields, and it is open from dawn to dusk.
The THRIVE outdoor fitness space has been a popular addition to the Haverford campus. Students and faculty have been using the space to get in shape, relieve stress, and connect with each other. The space has also been used for group fitness classes.
In addition to the physical benefits, outdoor fitness spaces have also been shown to provide mental and social benefits. Studies have shown that spending time in nature can improve mood, reduce stress, and boost creativity. THRIVE provides a unique opportunity for students and faculty to connect with nature and each other while getting in shape.
The THRIVE outdoor fitness space is a great example of how Haverford College is committed to promoting student health and wellness. The space is a valuable resource for students and faculty, and it is sure to continue to be a popular destination for years to come.
Here are some of the benefits of using the THRIVE outdoor fitness space:
- It's a great way to get in shape. The space features a variety of strength-training equipment, so you can find a workout that's right for you.
- It's a great way to relieve stress. Studies have shown that spending time in nature can help to reduce stress levels.
- It's a great way to connect with others. The space is a popular spot for students and faculty to meet up and work out together.
- It's a great way to enjoy the outdoors. The space is located near the college's athletic fields, so you can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine while you work out.
If you're looking for a way to help students get in shape, relieve stress, and connect with others, contact your local GameTime outdoor fitness expert!
- Trails (29)
- Schools (178)
- Press Releases (107)
- Playground Funding (3)
- Play Science & Research (67)
- Parks & Recreation (345)
- Outdoor Fitness (144)
- National Demonstration Site (39)
- Landscape Architects (73)
- Inclusive Play (103)
- Daycare and Early Learning (59)
- Custom Play (36)
- College Campus (28)
- Churches (47)
- Challenge Course (33)
- Featured Projects (78)
- Site and Shade (6)