Planning Tool // Playground SupervisionProvide a Safe Environment For Active Fun
Maintaining your play system and providing proper supervision of the play environment is important as it may contribute to safer play for children, reduce the risk of injury and prolong the life of your playground equipment.
As part of our Safety Resource Series, GameTime has published the Playground Maintenance Guide and Playground Supervision Guide. Authored by playground safety consultants Teri and Daniel Hendy of Site Masters Inc., these comprehensive guidebooks will help you properly identify and correct potential hazards on the playground, and provide tips for supervising the play environment effectively.
- Identify the importance of the value of play and playground supervision
- Gain an understanding of the play environment
- Identify potential environmental and playground equipment hazards
- Develop active supervision practices to reduce injuries
- Develop an understanding of potential behavior related hazards
- Define the elements of a pre‐play site inspection
- Develop effective supervision and emergency response plans for continuous quality improvement