GameTime Partners with Missouri Parks and Recreation for Statewide Education and Funding Initiative
Learn Best Practices, Fund a Recreation Project
GameTime, Missouri Parks and Recreation Association (MPRA) are aligning resources and strategically partnering to support and promote MPRA’s mission to advocate the quality of life through effective use of parks and recreation opportunities, education, and resources. The goals of the initiative are:
- Execute statewide professional development to encourage best practice design considerations for healthy play.
- Deploy research and data collection to demonstrate MRPA as a critical contributor to improving the quality of life of families in Missouri.
- Provide matching funding to assist high-quality projects in each of the four regions to create outdoor recreation spaces that align with research-based best practices.
- Publish white papers and other advocacy and communications tools to further champion play and recreation initiatives.
How it Works:
1. Join a Region Professional Development Event and bring research-based best practices to your community.
April 18, 2017
April 19, 2017
April 26, 2017
Maryland Heights, Missouri
April 27, 2017
REGISTER HERE for an event and to see full agenda, session descriptions, and learning objectives.
2. Advocate for Your Community and Put Your Training into Action!
Write a 1,000 – 2,000-word essay to describe your community playground needs and expected outcomes. Submit your completed essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2017.
3. Celebrate State-Wide!
Two winners will be selected from each of the four MPRA Regions to implement the funding initiative!
Learn more about this initiative and download a funding application at http://www.mopark.org/healthycommunities.html