Butte, Montana—check out our Professional Development Symposium!
Join us in Butte, Montana for a Professional Development Symposium on Inclusive Play and Outdoor Fitness Parks!
GameTime will be hosting a professional development symposium in Butte, Montana, on Tuesday, March 28th, from 9:30 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. You can earn 2.0 professional development hours, or .2 CEU. The event will be hosted at 3615 Wynne Avenue, Butte, MT 59701.
Our Master Trainer, David Hill, playground expert and Napoli football fan extraordinaire, will talk about Outdoor Adult Fitness Parks and Building Inclusive Communities Through Play. With spring's approach imminent, what better time is there to learn about bringing your community outdoors and keeping everyone -- no matter age or ability -- active, healthy, and happy?
Lunch will be provided by GameTime and our local Montana representative, Great Western Recreation.
Now some facts about outdoor fitness parks:
- Outdoor fitness parks are free to users, providing needed resources especially in underserved communities
- People who exercise outdoors are more likely to repeat the behavior
- Outdoor fitness parks provide a social outlet for exercise
Some facts about inclusive playgrounds:
- Out of 1,000 children between ages 3 and 21, approximately 85 will have one of these disabilities:
- 1 child will have a physical disability
- 1.5 children will have a sensory disability
- 47 will have a cognitive disability
- 18.5 will have a communication disability
- 8.5 will have a social/emotional disability
- 6.5 will have a chronic health impairment
- 2 will have multiple disabilities
- Inclusive playgrounds offer design considerations that address the needs of the whole child for physical, social, sensory, communicative, and cognitive development
Finally, some facts about Butte:
- Butte is Montana's 5th largest city
- Butte came into existence as a mining town in the 19th century
- The average high in March is 42 degrees -- the average low is 18.5
If you'd like to hear David Hill drop even more knowledge about these things, register for this educational event today!