Tom NorquistSr. Vice President, Certified Master Trainer
Tom Norquist is a member of PlayCore's Strategic Services team and leads a culture of innovation and business development activities while additionally guiding GameTime's custom play division. He works closely with more than 50 team members to lead successful product and program innovation. Tom has 35 years experience in the commercial play and recreation industry and 25 years with PlayCore.
Tom earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance/Law and Marketing from Portland State University.
Tom is one of a few recipients of the coveted Joe L. Frost Play Research Collection National Play Advocate Award. Additionally, over the past eight years, Tom has led Dr. Stuart Brown’s National Institute for Play (NIFP) Board. He is the project co-leader of the first known on-line database of scientific and academic research creating a cohesive picture about the proven scientific benefits of play.
Tom received Auburn University’s School of Industrial and Graphic Design Distinguished Service Award for his leadership with fourteen design studios over the past fourteen years.
- Founding board member in 1995 and past president of IPEMA
- Active American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) representative
- Creator of the IPEMA Voice of Play Initiative
- 2002-2004 Advisory Board for the National Program for Playground Safety
- Active Member of the (Access Board) Recreation Access Advisory Committee
- Served over 15 years on the Board for the International Playground Contractor’s Association (NPCAI)
- Founding Steering Committee Member on the U.S. Coalition for Play.
- Patent Holder for Dozens of Innovative Play Products, Including Expression Swing™